One From The Archives: 07/03/02 The Melvins/Jucifer @ First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN

07/03/02 The Melvins/Jucifer @ First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN (Top)
07/03/02 The Melvins/Jucifer @ First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN (Bottom)
(Images via: NYCDreamin Archives)

On this day in 2003 I made a last minute decision to go see the Melvins at First Avenue in Minneapolis. I called up my friend Try, who is a huge Melvins fan, sure that he'd want to go to the show as well. For some reson or another he was unable to attend, and I didn't really know anyone else who was a fan of the band, so I was solo for the evening. The memory of this show is kind of a blur as I was drinking more than a few cold beers that day - it was very warm outside and the beers were sliding down nice and easy. I do remember thinking after the show ended, that of the 4 or so times I'd seen the Melvins at that point, that this was probably the most melodic, least noisy and musical performance of their shows I'd seen.

07/03/02 The Melvins/Jucifer @ First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN (Ad 1)

07/03/02 The Melvins/Jucifer @ First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN (Ad 2)

07/03/02 The Melvins/Jucifer @ First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN (Ticket)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...