State of the Arts – Sako Design



SAKO SHAHINIAN: I was born in Beirut, Lebanon. Upon graduation from Art Center, I quit my part time job at an advertising company and started freelancing.

I have taken private lessons by countless local artists, signed up for drawing sessions, and participated in various art shows. During high school, I enrolled in many art classes such as figure drawing, life drawing, painting, etc. Furthermore, I graduated from the Los Angeles County High School of the Arts. After graduation, I enrolled in figure drawing classes at Glendale Community College in order to prepare for a possible acceptance to Art Center College of Design. Soon after, I was accepted to the Art Center College of Design Illustration department where my formal training officially began.

SS: I have always been torn between style and function. I consider my work to have an attitude rather than a style. Sample of Sako Shahinian's graphic design work

SS: In 2004, I officially launched Sako Designs. Throughout the years, I have worked on interesting projects within very different industries. SS: I don’t limit myself to print and design. I work with multiple mediums such as motion, photography, corporate branding, and product development.

H: For many people, finding motivation to be creative and developing original concepts is not easy. SS: Art plays a fundamental role in Armenian culture; it is one of the brightest features in our national identity. SS: I just signed on to a big project called 180South.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...